Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance vs Aditya Birla Health Insurance
Is it not better to prepare yourself against a health scare, instead of going through the last-minute hassle of scrambling funds while finding the right hospital? Why bear the burden of healthcare alone when you can get a health insurance policy to share the load? With the right insurance policy, you get guaranteed financial security. Check out these insurance policies offered by Bajaj Allianz General Insurance and Aditya Birla Health Insurance to get you started on your purchasing journey.
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance versus Aditya Birla Health Insurance – Overview
|Parameter||Bajaj Allianz General Insurance||Aditya Birla Health Insurance|
|Number of health insurance plans||15+||10+|
|E-services||Policy salePolicy renewalClaim settlementOnline consultationBranch locator24x7 call assistance||Policy salePolicy renewalClaim settlementOnline consultationBranch locator24x7 customer support|
|Claim settlement ratio (CSR)||95.01%||93.68%|
|Cashless claim settlement time||60 minutes for cashless claim settlement||Cashless claim approval within 2 hours|
*Source: IRDAI Annual Report 2018-19
Health Insurance Policies: Bajaj Allianz General Insurance versus Aditya Birla Health Insurance
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance –commenced operations in 2001. Since then, it has been consistently ranked among the best insurance providers in India and has even been honored at the IDC Financial Insights Innovation Awards in 2020. It has received an array of awards for its stellar performance and high CSR of 95.01% in FY 2018-2019, the most notable being the ”General Insurance Company of The Year” at the 4th Annual Insurance Summit.
Aditya Birla Health Insurance ventured in the health insurance sector only in 2015 but managed to make a strong impression within a few years. Its CSR of 93.68% in FY 2018-2019 is testimony to its rapid growth rate and customer reach. Part of the Fortune 500, the company is a global powerhouse and has revenues flowing from over 36 countries.
With this comparison guide of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance and Aditya Birla Health Insurance, 3 insurance policies, you will be able to find the one offering the best terms.
Critical Illness Policy:
Bajaj Allianz Critical Illness Policy offers:
- A sum insured (SI) amount up to Rs.50,00,000 (50 lakhs)
- 100% lump-sum payout of SI upon diagnosis of critical ailment
- Coverage for 10 critical ailments like cancer, kidney failure, stroke, multiple sclerosis, etc.
- Option to buy the policy on an individual and family floater basis
Aditya Birla Critical Illness Policy ‘Activ Secure’ offers:
- 3 sub-plans – Plan 1 (covers 20 critical ailments), Plan 2 (covers 50 critical ailments) and Plan 3 (covers 64 critical ailments)
- A sum insured (SI) amount up to Rs.1,00,00,000 for covering ailments like cancer, heart attack, brain tumor, etc.
- 50%, 100% or 150% lump-sum payout of SI upon diagnosis (depending on the critical ailment)
- Optional wellness coach services and medical second opinion
- A short survival period of 15 days
Senior Citizen Policy:
Bajaj Allianz Senior Citizen Policy called ‘Silver Health’ offers:
- A SI amount up to Rs.5,00,000
- Coverage for pre and post hospitalization
- Coverage for 25 pre-existing diseases like cataract, Alzheimer’s disease, hernia, benign prostate, etc. after a waiting period of 1 year
- Free pre-policy health check-up
Aditya Birla Senior Citizen Policy offers:
- 3 sub-plans – Standard, Classic and Premier
- A SI amount up to Rs.25,00,000
- Option to avail cashless treatment and nursing services at home
- Coverage for 586 daycare procedures and OPD treatment
- Lifestyle support and portable medical equipment
- Air and road ambulance services
- Coverage for AYUSH# treatment, organ donor expenses, and in-patient hospitalization
# – AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy)
Corona Kavach Policy:
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance and Aditya Birla Health Insurance Corona Kavach Policy offer:
- A sum insured (SI) amount up to Rs.5,00,000
- Coverage for in-patient hospitalization
- 15-day coverage for pre-hospitalization expenses and 30-day coverage for post-hospitalization expenses
- Coverage for AYUSH treatment and homecare treatment
Based on this comparative study, you will be able to select a policy matching your needs best.