Apollo Munich Health Insurance vs Kotak General Health Insurance
While maintaining your health is in your control, unforeseen medical emergencies are not. But you can stay prepared for medical expenses with the financial safety net of health insurance . However, to buy health insurance, you need to understand its advantages. This comparison of the policies offered by Apollo Munich Health Insurance and Kotak General Health Insurance will give you the necessary insight.
Apollo Munich Health Insurance vs Kotak General Health Insurance – Overview
|Parameter||Apollo Munich Health Insurance||Kotak General Health Insurance|
|No. of health insurance policies||10+||9|
|E-services||Policy salePolicy renewalClaim settlementOnline consultationBranch locator 24×7 customer service||Policy salePolicy renewalClaim settlementOnline consultationBranch locator24x7 call assistance|
|Claim settlement ratio||92%||97.40%|
|Claim settlement time (reimbursement)||30 days||15 days|
*Source: The Annual Report of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) –years 2018-19.
Health Insurance Policies: Apollo Munich Health Insurance vs Kotak General Health Insurance
Apollo Munich Health Insurance offers over 10 health insurance policies for individuals, families, senior citizens, and corporate employees.
Kotak General Health Insurance offers 9 health insurance policies to meet the healthcare requirements of individuals, families, corporate and non-corporate groups.
Group Health Insurance Policy:
Apollo Munich offers my:health Medisure Super Top-up for corporate employees. It can be added over an existing corporate health insurance plan.
The policy provides:
- Sum insured (SI) amounts up to Rs. 20,00,000
- All-round protection for the entire family including parents, spouse, in-laws, siblings, grandparents, and nephews/nieces.
- Coverage for in-patient hospitalization, pre and post-hospitalization and daycare procedures
- Waiver of pre-policy medical check-up for individuals aged up to 55 years
Kotak’s ‘Kotak Group Health Care’covers corporate employees and non-employer-employee groups such as banks, travel companies, educational institutions, etc.
The benefits include:
- Coverage for in-patient treatment, pre and post-hospitalization expenses, and alternate (AYUSH) treatment
- Inclusion of home nursing services and domiciliary hospitalization
- Payouts for organ donor expenses
- Cover for daycare procedures
- Daily hospital cash allowance
- Emergency ambulance services
It also has 5 other policies catering to group needs:
- Kotak Group Secure Shield:
It provides a lumpsum benefit to the policyholder in case of a critical illness and death/ permanent total disability due to an accident, among other benefits.
- Kotak Group Accident Protect:
It offers financial protection against physical consequences resulting from an accident, such as death, permanent total/partial disability, temporary total disability, etc., among other benefits.
- Kotak Group Smart Cash:
It provides a daily hospital cash allowance during in-patient hospitalization to meet ancillary medical expenses, among other benefits
- Corona Kavach Group Policy:
It covers expenses incurred for in-patient hospitalization, pre and post-hospitalization on the positive diagnosis of COVID-19, among other expenses.
- Kotak Covid-19 Secure:
It pays a lump-sum benefit and covers hospitalization expenses, among other costs on the positive diagnosis of COVID-19.
Arogya Sanjeevani Policy:
The Arogya Sanjeevani Policy is a one-size-fits-all insurance policy offered by all insurers across India. It is the result of the IRDAI’s effort to make health insurance accessible for every Indian.
Both Apollo Munich Health Insurance and Kotak General Health Insurance companies’ Arogya Sanjeevani Policies share the same features and offer:
- Coverage for in-patient, pre and post-hospital care, and domiciliary care
- Settlement of AYUSH treatment expenses
- 25% of the SI for cataract treatment
- 50% of the SI for daycare and advanced treatments
- Payouts for dental treatment and plastic surgery needed due to any disease/injury
- Reimbursement of road ambulance expenses
The only difference between the policies is in the SI amounts. Kotak offers financial cover up to Rs. 5,00,000. Apollo Munich offers SI amounts up to Rs. 10,00,000
Insurers offer two standard insurance policies for COVID-19:
- Corona Kavach
- Corona Rakshak
Corona Kavach Policies from Apollo Munich Health Insurance and Kotak General Health Insurance share similar features, such as:
- SI amounts up to Rs. 5,00,000
- Coverage for domiciliary treatment, pre, post and in-hospital care
- Inclusion of alternate (AYUSH) treatments
- Reimbursements for road ambulance expenses
Kotak also offers a Corona Rakshak Policy offering:
- Payout of the entire SI amount (a maximum of Rs. 2,50,000) on the positive diagnosis of COVID-19