Star Family Health Optima Health Insurance
About the Star Family Health Optima Health Insurance
Star Family Health Optima Health Insurance Plan is a highly economical plan that provides broad coverage to your entire family under a single plan. The super saver plan provides complete protection to you and your family, including spouse and dependent kids between 16 days and 25 years of age. The Star Health Optima Plan allows you to protect yourself and your family from towering medical costs and hospital bills at affordable premium rates.
You need to be from 18 years to 65 years of age and living in India to get the comprehensive coverage offered by the Star Family Health Optima Plan. The plan offers lifetime renewability beyond the age of 65 years. The plan also grants a free health check-up for every claim-free year. For every complete exhaustion, the insured family gets the benefit of automatic restoration of the sum insured by 100% three times.
Star Family Health Optima also provides comprehensive coverage for countless day-care procedures, pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses, domiciliary hospitalization, donor expenses for organ transplants, coverage for infants from the 16th day, and much more. The plan also allows the insured to get the additional sum insured on a little higher premium.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Company is one of the most prominent health insurance companies in India. It is India’s first standalone health insurance provider which started its business in 2006 and has come a long way now. It has covered over 16.9 crores lives since inception and manages over Rs.17,211 crore worth of assets. Today, Star Health is an industry-leading insurance provider with various insurance products including Health, Personal Accident, and Overseas Travel Insurance, etc., designed to cater to the diverse needs of the Indian consumer.
It has designed multiple health insurance products like Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan each providing wide coverage to its consumers at highly affordable premiums. The feature-rich insurance policy offers super saver benefits like health check-up benefits, affordable premiums, extra sum insured benefits, automatic restoration benefits, and much more.
Star Family Health Optima also provides various coverage benefits to the policyholders. These coverage benefits include coverage for over 400 day-care procedures, assisted reproductive treatment, newborn coverage after the 16th day, donor coverage for organ transplants, and so on. The Star Family Health Optima policy also provides a grace period of 120 days from the date of expiry of the policy is available for renewal.
Here are some of the benefits of buying the Star Family Health Optima Insurance Policy:
- Lightning-fast Claims: Star Health is one of the most credible companies when it comes to claim settlements. It provides hassle-free in-house claim settlements to its policyholders. It is also known for settling over 90% cashless claims with an average settlement time of less than 2 hours.
- 24x7 Assistance: Star Health and Allied Insurance Company offers 24x7 assistance to its customers for queries on their insurance policies, claim settlements, renewals, etc.
- Established Brand: Star Health is a highly established brand with over 16.9 Crores lives covered since inception and over Rs.17,211 Crores worth of assets under management. It has also won various awards like the Health Insurance Provider of the year award in the insurance industry. Star Health is a highly established and trustworthy brand with feature-rich insurance products.
- Cashless Treatment: Star Health has a network of over 11,000 hospitals with a wide presence in the major cities and towns in India. This allows the policyholders to select the best hospitals for treatment and avail cashless treatment.
- Day-Care Coverage: The policy provides comprehensive coverage for over 400 day-care procedures at a highly economical rate that would otherwise require hospitalization of a minimum of 24 hours.
- No Claim Benefits (NCB): For every claim-free year, you will be offered a bonus of up to 35% of your sum insured depending on the sum assured and policy option you have opted for.
- Donor Coverage: If you are the organ recipient, the expenses for organ transplantation will be paid up to whichever amount is less between 10% of the sum insured or Rs.1 lakh depending on the availability of the sum insured.
- Pre- and Post-Hospitalization Expenses: The Star Family Health Optima covers the Pre-Hospitalization expenses for consultations, investigations, and medicines incurred up to 60 days before Hospitalization. It also compensates for the post-Hospitalization expenses for consultations, investigations, and drugs incurred up to 90 days after discharge from Hospitalization.
- Restoration Benefits: There is 100% auto-restoration of the sum assured in case the original is exhausted for the sum insured of Rs.3 lakh and above.
- Recharge Benefits: When the entire sum assured is not exhausted, the insured is eligible for a recharge benefit under the policy and the claim is raised for the same illness. The recharge benefit is only applicable for the sum assured range of Rs.3 lakh to Rs.5 lakh. The recharge amount is in the range of 15% to 30% of the sum assured depending on the option of the zone and sum assured chosen by the policyholder.
- Tax Benefits: Policyholders can avail tax benefits for the premiums paid towards this policy under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act,1961. These are subject to extant limits that will be modified from time to time.
- Comprehensive Coverage at Affordable Prices: The Star Family Health Optima provides wide coverage to your whole family under a single plan at highly reasonable premiums. This plan is perfect for someone who has a nuclear family is looking for the best health insurance plan to get them covered.
The coverage provided by Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan includes the following:
- In-patient hospitalization expenses like room charges, nursing expenses, ICU, surgeon’s fee, and more
- Domiciliary hospitalization cover for a period exceeding three days
- Coverage for over 400 daycare procedures are covered that take less than 24 hours
- Air ambulance charges covered up to 10% of the basic sum insured during the policy period
- Pre-hospitalization expenses for 60 days prior and post-hospitalization expenses post 90 days of hospitalization
- Assisted Reproductive treatment cover
- Coverage for the new-born baby from the 16th day
- Health check-up benefit for each claim-free year
- Organ transplantation including donor expenses
Star Health shall not be liable to pay expenses occurring due to any of the following reasons under this plan:
- Intentional self-injury
- Cosmetic, aesthetic treatment
- Behavioral, psychiatric, and mental disorders
- Dental surgery or treatment unless it has incurred due to accidental injuries and results in hospitalization
- Chondrocyte Implantation, Stem cell Therapy, Intraarticular injection therapy
- Vaccination or Inoculation unless it is for post-bite treatment and for therapeutic reasons
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage, and abortion
- Congenital disease, external conditions, or anomalies
- Infertility and in vitro fertilization.
- Hospitalization out of war, riot, strike, and nuclear weapons
Beating the exorbitant healthcare costs is very challenging and overwhelming, especially for the breadwinner of the family. Star Health has designed a feature-rich plan with comprehensive coverage at highly affordable premiums to cater to the insurance needs of a family. This plan is perfect for someone who is looking for wide health coverage at reasonable costs for their nuclear family. This plan covers almost all the components of expenses that arise during unfortunate health emergencies and provides you robust financial protection during those times.
Star Health is one of the fastest-growing companies in the insurance industry because of its exemplary customer experience. The lightning-fast claim procedures and hassle-free in-house claim settlement make its insurance products highly reliable and customer-centric. Here are a few customer testimonials that display Star Health’s approach towards its customers:
- Quick Claim Settlement, Sarthak Aggarwal: I couldn’t have asked for a better insurance product and service. My cashless claim was settled within a few hours without any hassles. The customer representative patiently guided me through the whole process and it worked like a charm. Excellent customer service!
- Best Customer Service, Asifa Umair: I wanted to renew my Star Family Health Optima plan and I didn’t quite understand the process. So, I called their customer care number. The representative provided her assistance throughout the process and I was able to renew my policy without any hassles. Thank you Star Health Team for such outstanding customer service.
- Excellent Product Features, Neeraj Yadav: Finding the right health insurance plan for your needs is hard these days with all the information about benefits, terms, and conditions being thrown at you from all directions. I connected with Star Health customer care and explained to them all my insurance needs. They suggested me the Star Family Health Optima plan. I went for it after reading about its wide coverage and excellent policy features!
Latest on Star Family Health Optima Health Insurance
Star Family Health Optima Health Insurance FAQs
Are all policyholders required to go through pre-acceptance medical screening for the policy?
No, only the people above 50 years of age to be covered in the policy will be required to undergo pre-acceptance medical screening at the Company nominated centers. The cost of the pre-acceptance medical screening will be taken care of by the company.
Is there a Co-Payment option in the Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan?
Co-payment is available for 20% of each and every claim for insured persons whose entry age is 61 years and above.
Does the plan offer lifetime renewals?
Life-long renewals for the policyholders beyond 65 years of age are offered under this policy.
Does Star Health offer any Free Look Period for this policy?
No. The Free Look Period will only be applicable on new individual health insurance policies by Star Health. Free Look Period is not applicable on renewals or at the time of porting/migrating the policy.
Under the free look period, the insured person is allowed a period of fifteen days from the date of receipt of the policy document to review the terms and conditions of the policy. If the terms and conditions of the policy aren’t acceptable to the insured, they can return the policy within 15 days, subject to certain terms and conditions.
Are there any no claim bonuses (NCB) available for the plan?
A claim-free year bonus of 25% of the expiring basic sum insured in the second year and an additional 10% for subsequent years with a maximum of 100% is offered in the plan. The Bonus will be reversed in the same order in which it was given if there is a claim.
Are pre-existing diseases covered under Star Family Health Optima Plan?
The pre-existing diseases are covered under Star Family Health Optima after 48 months of waiting period post buying the policy.