New India Mediclaim Policy Health Insurance
About the New India Mediclaim Policy Health Insurance
Finding a good Mediclaim policy is never an easy task. There are many factors you must consider while choosing your plan. You would have to look at important parameters like their coverage, claim settlement ratio, the number of network hospitals, etc. Then, you would have to compare these across plans offered by different insurers, and carefully read all the terms and conditions related to the policies. In the end, no policy might even be perfect. It is all about finding the policy that would be perfect for you. While this might seem to be a daunting task, it is of utmost importance, especially in today’s times where a one-night stay at a hospital can have you shell out thousands of bucks out of your pocket!
This is why to make the task simpler for you, we have collected and laid out all the important features you must look at while buying any policy. Today we will look at features such as benefits, key inclusions, and exclusions, reviews & ratings, etc. for a promising plan: New India Mediclaim Policy Health Insurance.
As we mentioned earlier, the plan seems to be a very promising one. It is offered by one of India's reputed insurance companies, New India Assurance Company. The policy boasts of a claim settlement ratio of 92.68% with over 16.83 lakh policies sold. It seems to be well-designed to protect you and your family against extra costs that you may incur because of hospitalization. A good feature of this plan is that it offers many different sum insured options.
That means that you can choose from a wide variety of options according to your budget and convenience. Anyone from the age of 18 to 65 can enjoy the benefits of this policy by purchasing it for themselves. Moreover, you might also be able to cover children between the ages of 3 months to 25 years, as long as they are financially dependent on you. Newborn babies born to insured mothers can also take benefits of the cover for a limited period of time under certain given conditions. Overall, it seems to be a good plan with decent coverage. Scroll down to read more about the other features of the policy.
- Cashless hospitalization: With ever-increasing medical inflation in today's times, the cost of emergency treatments, and even simple procedures is becoming too high. With the New India Mediclaim Policy Health Insurance, you will be able to cover many burdening expenses associated with a trip to the hospital. One of the important features offered by the policy is cashless hospitalization. It is important to note here that if you want to get the benefits of this feature, you should only visit a network hospital. The list of hospitals that allow this benefit can be easily found with your policy. It must be noted here that cashless benefits would not apply to those items which are not covered under your policy. If your claim is found to be right, you will have the freedom to choose from any hospital from the list of given hospitals. All you would need to do is provide proof of your identity and of your insurance policy with the company. Moreover, if you did not avail of the cashless benefit in a network hospital, you can always seek reimbursement of your valid expenses covered by the policy. It would be a good idea to keep all your policy documents handy in all these cases.
- Coverage of Pre and Post Hospitalization Expenses: Even though Mediclaim policies are known for only helping out in case of hospitalization, you may get some benefits in some other cases as well. If the treatment for which you were hospitalized made you shell out money for medical expenses before the date you were hospitalized, the policy will allow you to reimburse these charges for a period of thirty days before hospitalization. Further, in case you have to bear some medical costs after your discharge from the hospital, you can claim the relevant costs among these with help from your policy. However, this is only valid for up to a period of 60 days and not beyond this specified time. You must note here that relevant costs refer to the costs that are related to the medical reason you were hospitalized for. Unrelated expenses will not be covered.
- How much the company will pay for hospitalization: Getting hospitalized can be a stressful situation for you and your loved ones. There are many things that you would have to consider at a delicate time like this. So how will your policy help you and to what extent? Well, there is a limit to what your policy can help you with. But the good thing is that you are the one who gets to decide this limit. While buying your policy, you will get several sum insured options to choose from. To get the maximum amount of benefit, you should opt for a higher sum. This might prove to be helpful for your future. The future is always unexpected. All that we can do is prepare well for it. The policy will consider these limits in the case where you have to make more than one overnight trip to the hospital. This is why we would definitely recommend you to go for a higher sum insured if it fits your budget.
- Pre and Post Hospitalization expenses: For those illnesses that are relevant and related to the cause of hospitalization.
- Ambulance charges: These costs will be covered up to 1% of the sum insured for reasonable purposes.
- Medical expenses related to an organ transplant: These can be covered but with an exception of the costs of the organ.
- Day-one baby cover: Under certain conditions and for a specified time, this is a great feature offered by the policy.
- Special coverage for Artificial life maintenance and treatment of certain mental illness, stress or psychological disorders, etc.
- Pre-existing conditions: Like most policies offered in the market today, this plan may also not cover your costs that are because of pre-existing conditions. If you declare your medical condition before buying the policy and it is also approved by the company, you may only have to contend with a waiting period of 48 months. For more information on this, you can read the terms given on the policy website.
- Waiting Period of thirty days: The policy may not cover your expenses for the first thirty days of buying the policy. You have to note here that this is not applicable when you are under 12 months or more of continuous coverage under this plan.
- Treatments without the advice of a doctor: There are a wide variety of treatments that may not be covered under this plan in case they were not specially prescribed by a doctor. Some of these are obesity/weight control, change of gender treatments, and cosmetic or plastic surgery.
- Vaccination Costs
Overall, the policy seems to have gathered quite a few good reviews from its customers. The ratings are also favorable to the policy. The reviews reflect a good level of customer satisfaction. Here are a few things that customers absolutely loved about the policy, according to their reviews:
- The plan allows flexibility to its customers
- Very suitable for the family since it can also cover children
- Not heavy on the pocket but packed with features
- Easy to buy a policy without much hassle
Latest on New India Mediclaim Policy Health Insurance
New India Mediclaim Policy Health Insurance FAQs
My work requires me to travel a lot. I can usually be found moving around the globe. I wanted to know if this policy will protect me if something were to happen to me or my spouse (also covered under the policy) when we are traveling abroad?
If your lifestyle involves a lot of traveling, then this might not be the perfect plan for you. This is because like a lot of other policies in the market, this one also does not help if your treatments are done out of India. But rest assured, the policy has many network hospitals spread across India if you usually move within India a lot. A good option in your situation could be to pair this policy with a good travel insurance policy for all of your international trips.
I want to get Unani treatment for my medical condition. Will it be possible with this plan?
Yes. This plan will allow you to get Ayurvedic, Homeopathic, and Unani treatment as long as they are done in an AYUSH hospital. Up to 25% of your sum insured can be used for the same.
Does this policy allow for mid-term inclusion of my spouse?
For newly married couples, the plan will let you add your spouse on a pro-rata premium basis till the end of your policy period.