Max Bupa Heartbeat Health Insurance
About the Max Bupa Heartbeat Health Insurance
The Heartbeat Health insurance policy, a product of Max Bupa, offers comprehensive medical coverage for insurers and their family. The policy is meticulously designed to provide financial protection during medical emergencies.
The Max Bupa Heartbeat Health Insurance has three different policies namely Heartbeat Individual, Heartbeat Family First, and Heartbeat Family Floater. The Family First plan allows insurers to make use of the sum insured not only to cover their medical needs but also avail treatment for every member of their family. All the three plans have either 2 or 3 variants viz. Silver, Gold, and Platinum, customized according to the needs of the insurers.
The Max Bupa Heartbeat Health Insurance is designed to take care of minute requirements like pre- and post-hospitalization expenditures, maternity, and newborn needs, yearly medical check-up, treatments by alternative medicines, and cashless transactions.
Besides basic coverage, the policy also offers COVID-19 cover. The claim settlement can be made in-house for the insurer’s comfort. The policy has an impressive client base of over 6 lakhs with a network that covers over 4,500 hospitals.
The Max Bupa Heartbeat Health Insurance also permits treatment in a foreign country up to a certain amount of the sum insured. Anyone above 18 years of age is eligible to opt for the policy and benefit from its lifelong renewability.
- In-Patient Hospitalization Care: Cashless hospitalization for insurers at all network hospitals.
- Domiciliary Hospitalization: Compensation is provided for the expenses of the treatment undergone at home due to the unavailability of hospital beds.
- Pre and post-hospitalization expenditures: The policy provides coverage for 60 days and 90 days of pre and hospitalization charges, respectively.
- Organ transplant assistance: In-patient treatment of organ donors for organ harvesting is covered.
- Out-patient treatment compensation: Medical expenses for treatment as an outpatient are covered under the platinum plan.
- Ambulance for an emergency: The policy compensates the ambulance charges after the in-patient claim is made.
- Claims settlement ratio: The policy has a claim settlement ratio of 89.46 % and Incurred Claim Ratio of 54%.
- Vaccination expenses are covered in the plan.
- Alternative treatment: Expenses of alternative treatments like Ayurveda and Unani can also be availed. These are alternate treatments under the AYUSH coverage.
- Lifelong renewability: No additional premium is required.
- Tax exemption: Under section 80D of Income Tax Act, policyholders are eligible for tax benefits subject to the prescribed ceilings from time to time
- Online accessibility: Customers can opt for easy online policy renewals.
Max Bupa Heartbeat Health Insurance provides online as well offline health plans:
1. Max Bupa Health Companion Individual
The various features of the Max Bupa Health Companion Individual include:
- This policy offers various benefits like direct claim settlement, pre, and post-hospitalization charges, and coverage up to Rs.1 crore.
- The plan covers room rents without any capping.
- Insurers who opt for Max Bupa medical insurance plan for 2 years are given a 12.5% discount on the premium amount of the second year.
- There is no age limit and anybody above 91 days of age can buy the policy.
2. Max Bupa Health Companion Family First Plan
Key features of the Max Bupa Health Companion Family First Plan include:
- It is an exclusive family floater plan that is customized to meet the requirements of large families.
- A single plan provides coverage to up to 19 relatives.
- The cover makes use of individual sum insured for every member of the family coupled with a floater sum insured that can be used by any family member.
- The plan has three variants viz. silver, gold, and platinum.
- The plan covers all day-care treatments and procedures except outpatient treatments.
- Ayurveda and Unani treatments are also included in the cover and those who opt for a 2-year Max Bupa Mediclaim policy will be given a 12.5% discount on the 2nd year premium.
3. Max Bupa Health Companion Family Floater Insurance Plan
This is an affordable policy with nominal rates designed to cater to nuclear families.
- The plan covers the insurer, spouse, and a maximum of 4 children.
- The range of sum insured is between Rs.3 lakhs to Rs.1 Crore.
- The plan has silver, platinum and gold max variants.
- The plan compensates for all expenses on room rent without any capping.
- The cashless benefits can be availed at any network hospital with 30 days and 60 days of pre and post -hospitalization charges coverage, respectively.
- The insurers can avail of free health check-ups once every two years for the entire family.
4. Max Bupa Heartbeat Insurance Plan for Individual
This is a wholesome coverage plan with a term limit of 1 to 2 years.
- The plan entitles the insurers to international cashless coverage, direct claim settlement, and so on.
- Gold and platinum are the two variants of this plan with a sum insured of Rs.50 lakhs and Rs.1 Crore, respectively.
- For insurers above 65 years of age, 10 to 20% of co-payment is allowed.
- There is no cap for room rent in this policy and international treatment in the USA and Canada (limited to certain serious illnesses listed in the policy document) is also covered.
5. Max Bupa Heartbeat Family Floater policy
Key features of the Max Bupa Heartbeat Family Floater include:
- It is designed for large families and has two variants, gold max, and platinum with a sum insured of Rs.5 lakhs to Rs.50 lakhs, respectively.
- The plan compensates for ENT procedures, dental day-care treatments, and pre & post-hospitalization charges.
- The plan offers coverage to newborn infants without extra premium.
- Cashless benefits for treatment can be availed within 4 hours at a network hospital.
6. Health Premia- Individual and Family Health Insurance Plan
This is a wholesome floater plan that offers a combination of benefits that includes health cover and international cover.
- It is a unique plan that covers laser surgery, robotic surgeries, and surgery for weight loss.
- Domiciliary treatments and organ donor treatments are also compensated by this plan.
7. Max Bupa Critical Illness Health Assurance Plan
This is a plan tailor-made to meet the huge expenses of critical illness treatment with a term limit of 2 to 3 years.
- A lump sum amount is provided to facilitate proper diagnosis.
- If the illness diagnosed is listed in the policy document, the lump sum amount is paid immediately after the diagnosis.
- The coverage amount ranges between Rs.3 lakhs to Rs.2 Crore.
- The age limit for availing of the policy is 18 to 65 years.
8. Max Bupa Personal Accident Health Assurance Plan
This is a tailor-made plan to support insurers in case of accidents.
- It provides an accidental death cover and a cover for disabilities due to accidents (either partial or permanent).
- In case of the untimely demise of the insurer, the plan supports the education of the child of the insured, more importantly when he / she is the breadwinner.
- This policy by Max Bupa provides up to 125% of the sum assured if there is a permanent total disability and 100% in case of permanent partial disability.
9. Max Bupa Hospital Cash Health Assurance Policy
The various features of the Max Bupa Hospital Cash Health Assurance Policy include:
- It covers hospital charges, overhead expenses like transportation, nursing, lodging for caretakers, etc.
- The plan provides daily cash of up to Rs.4000 per day for a minimum of 45 days.
- Compensates for treatment in a foreign land for listed diseases. An additional premium must be paid for treatment in the US and Canada.
- 60 days and 90 days of pre- and post-hospitalization charges are covered.
- Maternity benefits are provided for up to two deliveries. This can be availed if both the parents are covered under this policy for 2 continuous years.
- Vaccination and newborn care are covered without an additional premium.
- In-patient treatment for the insurer and their family members.
- Ancillary hospital expenses, psychological disorders, artificial life support, and illness due to dangerous activities are not compensated.
- HIV, AIDS, other sexually transmitted diseases, cosmetic surgery, oral treatment are not covered.
- Any treatment except for emergency medical assistance undergone outside India is not compensated.
- Treatment by an unauthorized or unrecognized hospital or practitioner.
- Medical expenditures arising out of chemical, war, biological or nuclear issues are not covered.
- Sleep disorders are not included in the policy document.
Insurance Dekho has given the policy a rating of 4.3/5 and bank bazaar.com has given a 4/5 rating. The breakup of the rating by bank bazaar.com is as follows:
- Cashless treatment: 4/5
- Claim Experience: 4/5
- Customer Service: 4/5
- Medical Coverage: 4/5
Customers who bought the policy have praised it for the comprehensive coverage and the excellent customer service Max Bupa provides. Users have also reviewed Max Heartbeat for the best-in-class support they've experienced during hospitalization and in cases of critical illnesses like heart diseases. Heartbeat quotes are also known to be affordable.
In the words of a Max Heartbeat customer, "The policy is an excellent option for me as it provides cover for treatment outside India for specified diseases. The policy also covers me in USA and Canada as it I have paid some extra premiums. The best part is that the policy also covers a newborn baby and vaccination without charging me extra. It has given me peace of mind, which is the main purpose of every health plan."
Max Bupa Health insurance received the Economic Times Best Brand Award in 2019 based on the consumer survey by Nielsen and Economic Times. Max Bupa was the only brand in the health insurance sector to find a place in the list of top 50 most preferred brands by Indian customers. The brand also won Health Insurance Company of the year in 2012.
Latest on Max Bupa Heartbeat Health Insurance
Max Bupa Heartbeat Health Insurance FAQs
What is the term of the Max Bupa Health Insurance Policy?
The policy term is 1 to 2 years based on the insurer's requirement. The policy can be renewed every year.
Is there a mandatory health check-up before obtaining Max Bupa health insurance?
Health check-ups are not mandatory for insurers below the age of 60. For those above 60 years of age, it is mandatory to undergo a health check-up at one of the hospitals listed by the company.
How to receive cashless benefits under the plan?
It is important to note that cashless benefits can be availed only at hospitals that are listed in the company's network. The company issues a health card to the insurers which needs to be shown to the doctor in charge of the treatment. The hospital will share the estimate of the treatment with the TPA (third party administrator). The company will verify the details and offer the cashless benefit if the illness is listed in the policy document.
What is the procedure to buy a Max Bupa Heartbeat plan?
The Heartbeat health insurance policy can be bought online from the company's website by filling in the required details.
What is the age limit to buy Max Bupa Heartbeat Policy?
The individual plan of the Heartbeat policy has a minimum age limit of 18 years with no maximum limit. In the family floater plan, children as young as 91 days can enter the policy with no maximum limit and the adults need to be a minimum of 18 years of age.
How to cancel the plan?
Max Bupa offers a free-look period of 15 days during which the insurer can read and understand the policy. The investor can cancel the policy stating valid reasons within the free-look period.