ManipalCigna ProHealth Protect Plus Plan
Manipal Cigna ProHealth Plus is a smart health insurance plan offered by ManipalCigna Health Insurance Co. Limited. This plan has been specially designed to offer individual coverage against several types of illnesses and medical emergencies. It allows you to get coverage for treatment costs, hospitalization costs, and expenses incurred for various medications and diagnostics. The USP of this plan is that one can opt for a sum insured ranging between Rs. 4.5 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh.
There is a lot offered with Manipal Cigna ProHealth plus plan that will appeal to you to buy it for you and your family. Reading about the several benefits of this plan, you will not just buy it for your family but happily recommend it to your acquaintances.
So, let us unfold all that is essential to be learned about ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance.
Eligibility Criteria for ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy:
|Minimum entry age||91 days, 18 years (for an adult)|
|Maximum entry age||No Limit|
|Sum Insured options||Rs 4.5 lakh, Rs. 5.5 lakh, Rs. 7.5 lakh, and Rs. 10 lakh|
|Policy term||1 year/ 2 years|
|Premium payment||Monthly, Quarterly, Half-yearly, Yearly, Single.|
|Pre-Policy Medical Check-up||1)People opting for a sum insured of Rs. 4.5 lakh, Rs. 5.5 lakh, or Rs. 7.5 lakh and those aged over 46 years need to go for a mandatory pre-policy medical check-up.
2) People opting for a sum insured of Rs. 10 lakh and those aged over 41 years need to go for a mandatory pre-policy medical check-up.
Key Highlights of ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Plan:
Have a look at some key highlights of Manipal Cigna ProHealth Plus policy:
- This plan offers cashless treatments at over 6500 hospitals across the country.
- A guaranteed cumulative bonus of up to 200% of the sum insured.
- Pre-hospitalization coverage includes doctor fees, diagnostic test expenses, and pharmacy-related expenses for up to 60 days before hospitalization.
- Post-hospitalization coverage for diagnostic tests, consultation fee, pharmacy-related expenses. Besides, all hospitalization expenses incurred for up to 90 days or 180 days after the discharge will be covered.
- Ambulance coverage to meet the medical emergencies will be covered, however, the coverage limit will depend on the sum insured chosen by you.
- Health maintenance benefit for out-patient medical expenses that will cover expenses incurred for medical aids like a walker, contact lenses, spectacles, etc.
- Daycare treatment or hospitalization that takes place for less than 24 hours is covered for treatments of eyes, chemotherapy, and hemodialysis.
- Easy facility to restore the sum insured for any number of times.
- Discount of 10% if more than 2 members of the family are covered under 1 plan by the life insured.
- Additional benefits are offered if the individual maintains a healthy lifestyle.
Some Special Features of Cigna TTK ProHealth Insurance Plan:
Let us now acquaint you with the special features of ManipalCigna ProHealth Plus policy:
1. Any individual from any age group can buy this Manipal Cigna ProHealthplan.
2. Amazing add-ons benefits are offered with this plan like:
- Reduction of waiting period from 48 to 24 months to cover the maternity expenses.
- By paying an additional premium, the mandatory co-payment for a person aged 65 years and above can be removed.
- Option to get a cumulative bonus booster if no claim was filed during the policy tenure. Then, 25% more can be added to the sum insured during policy renewal.
3. ManipalCigna Protect Plus plan lets you choose from 9 sum insured options including, Rs. 4.5 lakh, Rs. 5.5 lakh, Rs. 7.5 lakh, Rs. 10 lakh, Rs. 15 lakh, Rs. 20 lakh, Rs. 25 lakh, Rs. 30 lakh, and Rs. 50 lakh.
4. The plan comes with a waiting period of 30 days from the date of policy purchase for all the diseases except in case of accidental injuries and hospitalization.
5. Expenses for all the P.E.D or pre-existing diseases will be covered after 36 months of policy purchase.
6. This plan offers a free look period of 15 days to understand the terms and conditions thoroughly.
7. To renew the plan, a grace period of 30 days is available from the date of expiry of the plan.
8. The premium amount paid by the policyholder will get a tax exemption under the Income Tax Act, 1961 of Section 80D.
Exclusions in ManipalCigna ProHealth Plus Plan:
Here is a list of things not included in this plan:
- During the first 90 days of the policy, any expenses for critical illnesses will not be covered.
- No illness will be covered under the plan within the first 30 days from the date of policy purchase.
- For the first four years of the policy, maternity and pre-existing illness expenses will not be covered under this plan.
- Expenses incurred for non-allopathic treatments, cosmetic surgeries, STD, and weight loss treatments will not be covered.
- No coverage is offered for self-destruction injuries, injuries due to a genetic disorder, adventurous sports activities, and drug or alcohol abuse.
- Some specific illnesses will not be covered in the first two years of this plan.
Why purchase ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy?
ManipalCigna ProHealth Plus plan offers health coverage for the entire family with flexible terms and conditions. It comes with extensive and special features that will help you and your family bear the financial burden in case of a health emergency.
What is mandatory co-payment in ManipalCigna ProHealth Plan?
There is a compulsory 20% co-payment on claims for insured persons aged 65 years and above. However, co-payment will be waived off if the applicant has applied for a Waiver of Co-pay when purchasing the plan. Moreover, if the insured person has opted for a Voluntary Co-Pay to get treatment beyond the zone of cover, then, in that case, the percentage of co-pay will be adjusted accordingly.
Is pre-policy medical check-up mandatory to buy ManipalCigna ProHealth Plus Plan?
Only if the policyholder is aged over 45 years and the sum insured chosen is either Rs. 4.5 lakh, Rs. 5.5 lakh, or Rs. 7.5 lakh, then there will be no need for a pre-policy medical check-up to buy this Cigna ProHealth plan. The pre-policy medical check-up will be mandatory for anyone buying this plan, who is aged 46 or above and is opting for a sum insured of Rs. 10 lakh.
What is the policy tenure of the ManipalCigna ProHealth Plan?
The policyholder can choose for a tenure of either 1 year or 2 years while buying a Cigna TTK ProHealth Insurance Plan.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India