Best Health Insurance Plans in India 2022
The best health insurance policies will not only take care of your health but also your finances. The best health insurance in India will offer you adequate coverage against all expensive healthcare treatments. Though the market is crammed with many health insurance policies, it would be an arduous job for you to choose the best health insurance policy. The best Mediclaim policy will offer coverage for in-patient expenses, pre-and post-hospitalization, surgeries, daycare treatment costs, and many more. Most health insurance plans in India either offer cashless treatment facilities or reimburse medical costs.
Benefits of Purchasing the Best Medical Insurance in India
Due to medical inflation, most people can’t afford their treatment costs when they are hospitalized. These hospital bills will certainly drain up all your hard-earned savings. The only way that can save you against these exorbitant bills is the best Mediclaim policy in India. Let’s take a look at some of the reasons why you should purchase a health insurance policy.
- Combat Medical Inflation
The costs of healthcare expenses are rising hurriedly. But a healthcare policy will pay your hospital bills, including pre-and post-hospitalization expenses, daycare treatments, etc. today as well as in the future.
- Get the Best Quality of Treatment
Since a healthcare policy is used to take care of all your hospital-related expenses, you can only focus on the treatment method. You can get admitted to the best hospital for your diseases or injuries.
- Fight Against Lifetime Diseases
You may need long-term treatment if you are suffering from cancer, heart attack, liver diseases, etc. A healthcare policy supports all kinds of lifestyle disease treatments.
- Protect Your Savings
The best health policy protects all your savings as the policy reimburses all your treatment expenses. Now, you can enjoy the best treatment without spending a single penny.
- Offers A Plethora Of Coverage
A health insurance policy offers you coverage for hospitalization expenses, pre-and post-hospitalization treatment costs, ICU charges, ambulance costs, daycare treatment costs, pre-existing diseases, AYUSH treatment, medical health check-ups, and many more
- Enjoy Cashless Facilities
These days, all insurance providers are tied-up with hospitals where policyholders can get cashless treatment for their illnesses. These hospitals are called network hospitals where you don’t need to invest anything from your pocket as the insurance company directly settles your bills with the hospitals.
- Tax Benefits
A health insurance policy will also offer you tax benefits along with other facilities. Now, you can enjoy tax benefits for all your paid premiums under section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
5 Best Health Insurance Plans in India for 2022
Let’s take a look at some of the best health insurance plans in India
1. Aditya Birla Activ Assured Diamond Plan
Some intriguing features are,
- The minimum sum insured amount is Rs. 2 lakh and the maximum amount is Rs. 2 Crore
- The insurance company is tied up with more than 8000+ network hospitals
- The plan offers you coverage for in-patient hospitalization, pre-and post-hospitalization, domiciliary treatment, 100% ambulance cost, and AYUSH treatment.
2. Bharti AXA Smart Health insurance policy
- The minimum sum insured is Rs. 50,000 and the maximum amount is Rs. 5 lakh
- The plan offers cashless facilities at 6500+ network hospitals
- The plan offers you coverage for in-patient hospitalization, pre-and post-hospitalization, daycare treatment, road ambulance cost, and preventive health check-ups
3. Care Health Insurance Plan
- The minimum sum insured amount is Rs. 3 lakh and the maximum amount is Rs. 75 lakh
- This plan offers you to enjoy cashless treatment facilities at more than 16500 network hospitals
- The plan offers you coverage for in-patient hospitalization, alternative treatment, organ donor coverage, pre-and post-hospitalization, and second opinion
4. Digit Healthcare Plus Policy
- The minimum sum insured amount is Rs. 2 lakh and the maximum amount is Rs. 3 Crore
- This plan offers you to enjoy cashless treatment facilities at more than 6400 network hospitals
- The plan provides you coverage for in-patient hospitalization, daily hospital cash allowance, critical illness cover, psychiatric cover, and complimentary health check-ups.
5. Future Generali Health Total Policy
- The minimum sum insured amount is Rs. 3 lakh and the maximum amount is Rs. 1 Crore
- This plan offers you to enjoy cashless treatment facilities at more than 6000 network hospitals
- The plan provides you coverage for maternity expenses, mental disorder treatments, in-patient hospitalization expenses, road ambulance, and OPD treatments.
Best Health Insurance Plans FAQs
What are the different types of riders under health insurance?
· Maternity Cover Rider: This rider helps you to get coverage for all expenses related to maternity. The waiting period range is between 2 years to 6 years
· Critical Illness Rider: This rider covers all expenses if the policyholder is diagnosed with critical diseases (heart attack, cancer, etc.) during the tenure of the policy. The waiting period is 90 days.
· Hospital Cash Rider: This rider will help you in getting a daily cash allowance if you need to be hospitalized due to any illnesses. The amount may vary from insurer to insurer.
· Room Rent Waiver: This rider ensures no cap on room rent in case of hospitalization.
· Personal Accident Rider: This rider gives you compensation from your insurer if you get disabled or die in case of an accidental injury.
What things are not covered under a health insurance policy?
· Coverage for pre-existing diseases only after 2-4 years of the completion of the policy
· Injuries due to war, nuclear activity, terrorism
· Self-harmed injuries
· Cosmetic, plastic, and hormone surgery
· Dental or eye surgery expenses
· Treatment for HIV/AIDs or other sexually transmitted diseases
· Injuries due to adventurous sports activities
What is the right age to purchase a health insurance policy?
There is no particular age to purchase a health insurance policy. But it is recommended to purchase it as early as possible to keep your premium low. At a young age, you will have lesser health risks.
Is a medical test mandatory to purchase a health insurance policy?
There is no compulsory medical test for applicants who are young and healthy. But if the age of the applicant is above 45, then most Indian health insurance companies demand medical tests.
What is a free-look period in a health insurance policy?
A free-look period is the first 15 days of a policy after its purchase. During this period, you can review your policy, its coverage, and other benefits. If you are not satisfied, then you can cancel your policy during this period without any cancellation fee.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Health Insurance Companies
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
- Care Health Insurance Company
- Go Digit General Insurance Company
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company
- Star Health & Allied Insurance Company
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Company
- National Insurance Company Limited
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company
- Reliance General Insurance Company
- Raheja QBE General Insurance Company
- Oriental Insurance Company
- New India Assurance Company
- TATA AIG General Insurance Company
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
- United India Insurance Company
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
- Navi General Insurance Company
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India